Do you have a long list of medications to take to treat and control a health problem? Or simply using some of the over-the-counter medications available at the pharmacy? Regardless of the drug, each person should be equipped with the necessary information to be able to use it safely, reasonably and effectively.
Understand the medicine you’re taking
First of all, you need to have certain knowledge about the medicine you are taking. Understanding medicines will help you use them properly and effectively. For each medication you are taking, whether it is an over-the-counter or prescription medication, know the following:
- Generic name (both brand name and generic)
- Size and color of the tablet
- Common side effects
- When do you need to call a doctor?
- Other special instructions
If this information is not found on the product packaging or you have questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Note about the use of the drug
Apply a number of dos and don’ts when using the following drugs we will use drugs safely and effectively.
- Take the correct dose of medication exactly as in the instructions for use or prescription of your doctor.
- Make sure the treating doctor knows all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Inform your doctor if you currently use over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements, and herbs.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.